This is pretty self-explanatory. ❤️. This is where you take pictures and stick them in a journal along with an entry about that moment in the photo, what the photo symbolizes, whatever you like. A journal photo-album. A Journal-album.
Make a journal-album…
I’m using a Fujifilm Instax Mini camera. It works like an old school Polaroid — point, snap, and it prints a mini picture. I got a new blank journal (no lines or dots) and some glue-tap (I’ve just been introduced to glue-tape. It’s double sided and doesn’t stick your fingers. PERFECT for journal-albums).
I am SO excited to have started one.
Here’s why I’m doing this:
- I got my friend this camera as a gift and wanted one myself.
- Taking raw-life pictures will capture moments in a way that is more meaningful than taking pictures to post on socials.
- I miss photo albums. They’re very personal and are normally only shown to people that are close enough to you be invited to your house and invited to look at it.
- My friends and family will love having something like this once when I’m gone.
- Summer is my favorite season and I’m using this time to focus deeply on myself. I’d like to capture photos of this time for me to reflect on later.
- The old me will probably prefer printed photos rather than me storing memories on something Mark Zuckerberg owns and controls.
- Photos carry emotions differently than words alone.
This is my first journal-album but I anticipate I’ll love it so much that it’ll become something I do again and again for years to come. Try it! Let’s have journal albums together.