This one is for my perfectionists out there.
I’ve just announced the existence of this blog on 6/29/2022. Today is 7/7/2022. It’s been a little over a week and I’ve been hard on myself about everything I haven’t been doing.
Are you being hard on yourself right now? Are you focusing on what you aren’t doing? What’s not enough? What “could be better”?
You’d think that someone who’s such a fan of gratitude journaling would make a point to give themselves credit more often.
Though my gratitude journal does have space for self-celebration, I need to go out of my way to do this more often— hence the prompt.
Give yourself recognition, and prove your inner perfectionist wrong.
Here’s my list of the area of me that I didn’t acknowledge:
- I launched my website
- I stopped working as Journal Heaux for 6 months, but I returned.
- I created videos, a podcast, social media posts, blog posts, prompts, and entries. I create these on a regular basis.
- I keep myself healthy. I make sure to buy fresh produce, and watch how much sugar I’m taking in. I’m working on getting away from the sweet tooth.
- I’m developing healthier habits. Such as reading / listening to books instead of watching videos or mindless scrolling.
- I’m actively working with my anxiety. It won’t just go away, but it doesn’t have to make decisions for me.
- I am talented. I love learning by reinventing the wheel. I’m not doing things wrong, I like to do things differently.
- I’m a person with ADHD. In my own unique systems, I still get things done.
I decided to create a list, but please answer this prompt in whatever way you choose. Happy Journaling!